Juls over at The Indecisive Eejit and Edwina (a.k.a. Judy) over at Edwina’s Episodes both passed on the LOVE/HATE challenge to me. I’m supposed to list 10 things I love and then 10 things I hate and then pass the challenge on.
10 THINGS I LOVE….
1. Spending time with my mother. There are people that don’t realize how short life is and think their parents will always be there. I am not one of those people. My mother is my very best friend…..always has been, always will be.
2. Taking pix. Not only a great way to avoid being in pix, but I just like capturing the world and being able to contain it in nice little squares!
3. Writing. I find it therapeutic, informative at times, and I enjoy hearing how people react to what I write about.
4. Reading. Hardly ever does a day pass when I don’t begin my morning with a little read on my Nook. I love almost any kind of book I can get my hands on but especially love historical fiction and psychological thrillers.
5. Most of you probably already know….I really love snow/winter! Enough said.
6. Planning anything….trips, holidays, parties, you name it – organisation is me!
7. I love it when one of my kids succeeds in something and can take pride in a job well done. 8. I have a big thing about boxes…..Christmas boxes, storage boxes, any sort of box. It’s almost a fetish I’d have to say….I love “containing” things.
9. Helping someone. Definitely something that makes me feel great.
10. I love it when someone takes the time to surprise me with something personal. It’s not an easy thing to surprise me, so it’s doubly nice when it happens.
10 THINGS I HATE:
1. Number one thing on this list has to be not looking like I used to look and not moving like I used to move when I was younger. I keep moving. I do keep trying. But somehow it does keep getting harder. Ugh. 2. Being late. I really try to be early in all things.
3. Injustice – in any way, shape, or form. I want the scales balanced (or tipped to the positive side) at all times.
4. Maths – any of them, all of them. I hate them.
5. Zealots – religious, political, or otherwise. Passion is awesome. Pushy is not. Everyone is entitled to their own views on things – make room for that!
6. Am sorry to say, I have to put museums on this list followed closely by science centres. I just do not like them.
7. Walking into a store where the sales people work on commission and attack you the moment you step across the threshold. Let me be…I’ll find you when I need you. It actually makes me avoid stores when I’m approached like this.
8. Chaos. It’s true that’s all I’ve been living in for the past 2 years, but I don’t like it. I’m much better when I know what’s coming next.
9. Screwing something up. I give 110% to most everything I get involved in so when something goes wrong I know I’m generally just not capable of it. Very depressing.
10. Being misunderstood. I have a certain knack of not putting things out the right way sometimes. I really wish I could avoid doing that because a lot of times people end up with a bad opinion of me when they have misunderstood my true intention.
I’m supposed to pass on this challenge to another 10 people. However, keeping to my usual form, I’m putting out an open invitation to all of you. Write this up. Post it. I want to know what floats your boat and what doesn’t!